Just 7km west of Yarrawonga, Victoria lies Rich Glen Estate, a family-owned and operated olive grove, pressing superb olive oil on site within hours of harvest.
Not only do Rich Glen sell award-winning oil, but they also have an extensive range of other olive oil products. Products include:
- Signature First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Available in 500mL bottles, 2L casks, 4L tins, 10L casks and 18L tins
- Extra Virgin Olive Oils: Specialty oils in 8 delicious flavours- including my personal favourites: ‘Buttered Truffle’ and ‘Fiery Chilli & Sundried Tomato’.
- Dressings: Available in 8 different varieties
- Face & Body Range: A range of moisturisers, serums, cleansers and scrubs for the body
- Household Range: A range of cleaners for the kitchen, bathroom and around the house
- Other: Olives, pastes, dukkahs, meat rubs and more.
Visiting then 100 year old farm gate store is a great way to sample the range of products but also to enjoy a coffee or a light lunch at the café and walk around the gorgeous garden.
Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats which are an important part of a healthy diet. Unsaturated fats can reduce LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol and increase HDL ‘good’ cholesterol levels- which can in turn, reduce the risk of heart disease when they replace saturated fats. Because unsaturated fats are also high in kilojoules, it is important to not over-consume. Check out the Eat for Health website to find out what your requirements are (a serve of unsaturated fat is 10g (roughly 2 teaspoons of oil).
Visit http://www.richglenoliveoil.com to buy products online or for more information about where to buy Rich Glen products.