Curry paste is something that is so easy and affordable to make, that I don’t know why people do not make it more often. This recipe costs less than $5.00 and is great addition to a vegetable or chicken curry.
Preparation Time: 10 mins; Cooking Time: nil ; Makes approx. 1-1.5 cup
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 4 red birds eye chillies
- 40g (match box size) of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 30g of turmeric root, peeled and sliced
- 20g galangal, peeled and sliced (you can substitute with extra ginger if you can’t find this)
- 1 lemongrass shoot, chopped
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup peanuts, crushed
- 3 large lime leaves
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until well combined (the paste will be slightly chunky).