Chai: perfect on a rainy day or in front of a camp fire it just warms my belly and soothes the soul. This creamy chai has a perfect balance of my favourite spices and just simply brings a smile to my face.
Preparation Time: 2 mins; Cooking Time: 10 minutes; Makes approx. 4 cups
- 4 cups of soy milk (I prefer soy milk that is made from whole soybeans)
- 4 tsps of black tea leaves
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 star anise
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cardamom pods
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Honey to taste
- In a large saucepan, add all ingredients except for the honey
- Place on a low to medium heat and bring to a simmer (making sure you do not bring the mixture to a boil)
- Stir the mixture at a low heat for 5 minutes
- Strain the hot tea into a cup using a muslin cloth.
- Add honey to taste
- Serve warm.