Bananas, such a fabulous all-round ingredient which is a perfect addition to a smoothie. Just add some yoghurt, oats, milk and spices and you have a protein and fibre packed start the day- or a fantastic snack to fuel your active lifestyle.
Preparation Time: 5 mins (if you choose to use frozen banana, you will need to freeze them overnight) ; Serves 1
- 1 medium banana, chopped (I like to use frozen banana for a fresh creamy mouthfeel)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 dried dates, chopped roughly
- 3/4 cup of your choice of milk (I choose soy because I am a little lactose intolerant and I love the malty flavour)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top and serve