Polenta is a nice lightweight, gluten-free grain that can be easily carried on a hike and it’s simple to prepare. Great as a sweet porridge or as a savoury meal as prepared here.
Preparation Time: 1 minutes / Cooking Time: 7 minutes / Makes 3 cups
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2- 3/4 cup skim milk powder
- 40g parmesan cheese, grated or cut into small pieces.
- 2 cups water
- Add water, polenta and skim milk powder into a saucepan and stir over a medium heat.
- Continue stirring and cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture reaches a porridge-like consistency (add water as necessary to create your preferred consistency)
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese until it melts
- Serve with pan fried vegetables