Risotto is so easy to make and you can make it all in one saucepan- fantastic for camping!. I love making mine with mushrooms but you can swap for other delicious vegetables such as beetroot, peas or pumpkin.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes / Serves 4
- 400g risotto (alborio) rice
- 1 cup of dry white wine (optional)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 8-10 button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 tbp olive oil
- 100g grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese (although I used ‘Firecracker’ chilli cheese from South Coast Cheese)
- Brown the onions in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add rice to coat with oil and then add white wine to deglaze.
- Add vegetable stock one-third at a time and stir the mixture occasionally to avoid the mixture sticking to the saucepan
- After about 15 minutes (or when the rice is two-thirds cooked), add the mushrooms and stir evenly throughout the rice.
- Once the risotto is just tender and cooked, take the saucepan off the heat and stir the cheese in until evenly combined.