I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again…I love oats. They really are a revelation and so accessible and cheap for most people. You can make them fancy with this easy overnight oats recipe which packs a punch with protein, fibre and long-lasting carbohydrates. A great start to the day.
Preparation Time: 2 mins (+ soaking time for at least 4 hours or overnight); Serves 1
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup of your choice of milk (I chose soy milk for a high protein and calcium fix)
- 1tsp honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries (or your choice of chopped fruit)
- 1 tsp pistachios roughly chopped
- Place rolled oats, yoghurt, milk and honey into a glass, jar or bowl and mix together evenly.
- Place the mixture in the fridge overnight (or for at least 4 hours) to soak, absorb and soften.
- The next morning, take out the mixture and top with blueberry and pistachios.
- It’s now ready to eat!